We get asked a lot of questions. Here's some fo the most common Tag FAQs.
The Tag is added to the HTML in the same way a static image is added, in the place where the image should be displayed. You only need to add the Tag into the HTML once.
To see the Tag working, save the html and open in a browser as the Tag will work as normal when viewed in a web browser.
A few tips:
- Ensure the HTML dimensions are the same as the Kickdynamic image
- When using retina images, the HTML should scale back in the same proportions
- If hiding an image (for example, when a condition isn't met), a 1x1 gif can be displayed but ensure the HTML is coded for this (with a variable height)
Once you have generated a tag, the tag code will not change. Even if there are template adjustments or swaps or additional rules applied through the rule builder, all changes will automatically pull through.
There are two exceptions where new tags need to be generated if the templates need to be adjusted or changed - Polls and Image Optimisers. As both widgets are live tests, new tags need to be created to ensure they have fair results, with the statistics restarted.
There are two ways to find a tags:
- 1.Retrieve the tag from the campaign - navigate to the correct campaign and view the required tags to retrieve the HTML.
Once the campaign has been identified, click 'Edit campaign'
To view the code for the tag in question, click 'View TAG'
The highlighted icon will copy the code to your clipboard
2. Use the search functionality - in the top right corner of the platform you are able to search for the tag name or ID